CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Dad

Tonight I am writing the night before Dad's graveside services/funeral. He passed away Thursday, September 11 at home. I am trying to decide what to say tomorrow as mom had asked us all to say something. It is hard to put all of your memories and emotions into a few minutes. Here's a copy of his obituary: (I couldn't get the picture to copy-maybe later)
William C. Knott, Jr. 1933 ~ 2008 William C. Knott, Jr. died September 11, 2008 at his home after a short illness. He was born June 9, 1933 in Washington, D.C. to William and Virginia Knott who preceded him in death. He loved skeet shooting, fly fishing and hunting. He leaves behind his wife Judy, four children, Linda (Darren) Jarvis, David, Sharon (Jay) Barney, Paul (Sherie), 11 grandchildren, 100 quail, his horse Mark and his beloved dog Ben. Private family services will be held Monday, Sept. 15, 2008 at Larkin Sunset Gardens cemetery. A special thanks to Sue Ann at Community Nursing for her compassionate care and dedication.

2 comments:

The Hendricks Family said...

Sharon, I am so sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. Larkin Gardens is such a beautiful place and the people there are so kind. That is where my daughter is burried. I hope the graveside goes like the family wants it to. That would be hard to have to speak about your father. My thoughts and prayers will be with you and your family.

Weaver's Web said...

Sharon, I too am sorry to hear that your dad passed away. I know you said he was having some health issues. It's never easy to have your parents go. Our thoughts and prayers are with you as well.